Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Terrain and sky shaders


I eventually found time to fiddle with this project again. But once I get to sit down with it I usually find my self fiddling with stuff that ain't even remotely relevant to my thesis.

But hey, as long as I'm a happy puppy..!

In the screenshot you'll see the graphics are coming along pretty nicely since last update. I'm just getting into shaders and XNA, and have picked up some neat tricks from blogs and articles all over.

I really like how the terrain and the skydome blends neatly together with the atmospheric fog effect! The helicopter is still using its own basic shading until I find a way to easily apply the sunlight to all my game objects. Oh wait, I mean simulator objects..

Nothing new on the autopilot yet. I'm still working on a framework for using sensor feedback to estimate the state of the helicopter, but there's some distance to go yet. Besides it would be boring to do all the work now and have nothing to do when the thesis starts in September.

If my spare time continues to be awesome this summer I'll expect to get a few more updates out here soon enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment